We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

If we use LDAP can we still create users through the JasperServer Admin Pages

jim.mcdonnell

Trying to research whether JasperServer can provide the Identity Management capabilities I need.  I do not have an LDAP server to test this against (there are multiple groups testing Jasper, but I'm apparently the only one concerned wth Security, so I can't just go and have this server changed for LDAP -- yet).

We have an eval copy of Jasper Enterprise, and I like AND need the ability to create Organizations and Administrative users at that Organization level (so customers can admin their own people).  But I also need to be able to set password complexity rules, enforce that passwords can't be changed multiple times in a single day, remember the previous 7 passwords, etc.  Not sure if the built in Security can provide this, so figuring I may need to look at tying into LDAP.

But looking at examples/documentation, I get the feeling that creating users in that LDAP needs to be done externally from Jasper.  Is that true?

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

http://tenlittlebigendians.blogspot.com/2011/10/how-to-interface-jasperreports-server.html

Yes, if you enable LDAP authentication you can still create local JasperReports Server users, and your superuser/administrator accounts are still valid. See the linked article above -- to enable LDAP authentication, you uncomment a bean in a security file. If the user is not find in the LDAP hierarchy, then the security process looks for a local user (unless you comment out the bean that does that part).

Your LDAP users need to be created in your LDAP tool.

If you get this working I hope you'll write about your experience so we have more documentation!