We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Adding fields from bean datasource in Jaspersoft Studio

gdoe6545

I've set up a Data Adapter in Studio for a collection of beans and added the jar files containing my beans; testing the data adapter works.

When I create a new report and associate my Data Adapter I am not able to get the fields from my bean - in the Dataset & Query Dialog I get a "Class not found" error when entering my bean in the class name field.

Do I need to set the classpath in another place as well as in the Data Adapter definition?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, 
I can confirm it's a bug regarding the classpath visible to the Type Dialog (opened by the button) and when digiting the full class name.  the "Java Bean" mapping tool you are using, has the classpath visibility limited to the report (and therefore project) classpath.
However manually entering the fields, even from the "Dataset & Query" dialog, you should see that the data preview works fine and also the report preview is fine. So we will fix this issue in the upcoming next release.

Right now as a "dirty" workaround if If you want to be able to use the Type Dialog and see the fields, you can add your external jar to your Report project build-path. If you do this, then you no longer need it in the DataAdapter definition section.

Hope this helps.
Best regards,
Massimo.

PS: I've update the original message correcting the wrong sentences. I've in fact double checked with my colleagues the actual behavior of the dialog you were referring to. So it's not a bug, it works like this by design.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...