We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Pass parameters between reports on a dashboard

warren4850

Hey everyone,

I know that there is a way to do this, but I'm just not sure what event or option I'm missing.  I have a dashboard with 2 reports.  I am trying to pass the value of a parameter from one report to another without refreshing the page and using hidden parameters.

For example, if I have a cost by month report in the form of a column chart, if the user clicks on a bar, I want the second report below it to display the transaction details for that month that contributed to that monthly total.  I would like the second report (and only that report)to execute or refresh immediately.

I'm sorry if this question has already been addressed, if so please just forward me to the appropriate topic.

Thanks in advance,

Warren

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Warren,

First, I'm afraid that JRS doesn't have this feature today. It's a good one. It will certainly come someday.

Second, it's not such a big customization to achieve this today. Jaspersoft gave a webinar on dashboards that included this example. You can find the recorded webinar easily enough on jaspersoft.com by searching for "dashboard". You can find the materials from the webinar in this thread:

http://jasperforge.org/plugins/espforum/view.php?group_id=112&forumid=102&topicid=85369

It includes the sample code to do precisely what you describe in your post. (It also has an example about integrating with Google Maps which you can ignore.) Take a look at that to see if it gets you going in the right direction.

Regards,
Matt

P.S. Be sure to log this enhancement request formally with Technical Support! It's already a known enhancement request, but that will raise its priority.

Thank you for your prompt reply Matt!

This has definitely pointed me in the right direction.  I was hoping this feature was built in but hopefully a little bit of javascript will not be too big of an issue.  I will also log this enhancement request as you suggested.

Thanks again