We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Strange Dashboard Bug?

f_chas01

I have Installed a JasperReports Server based on an ORACLE DB.

Everything works fine, except for the dashboards. Each report area displays in the top left corner a frame about the report containing no data but the report itself is displayed at the right of it.

The reports used in the dashboard are displyed without this empty report frame when run separately.

I have add two screenshots to demonstrate the problem.

Does anybody know, what causes this problem?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is indeed an odd bug. I haven't seen anything like it before.

What makes you think it's related to Oracle? Have you confirmed by pointing the same JRS instance to a MySQL repository? If not, that would be a great test.

It feels more like a CSS bug. I guess (without looking to confirm) that the message "this report contains no data" is always present in the page. In most situations it is not displayed. When there is no data then it is displayed. Somehow you're getting it displayed at all times.

You could take a look using Firebug to confirm this idea. If that's true... well then I'm not really sure what to do next. But somehow we could track down _why_ it gets displayed all the time.

Regards,
Matt

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I am experiencing the same issue while testing Jaspersoft 4.1 Enterprise using Postgresql data source. Running reports outside of dashboard functions normally. Dashboard deployment causes the empty report frame to be included in top left of report even though the data contained therein is accurate and up-to-date.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Same problem with JS 4.1 pro
It is very odd, I installed 3 jasper 4.1 pro, this strange behaviour only happens on 2 Jasper

New behaviour, dashboard works perfectly  when I logged as superuser but does not work when I logged as jasperadmin

Post Edited by paris11 at 11/09/2011 12:44