We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Jasper Execption on login page

thecraiggers

Just installed Jasper Server 4.0 on my machine, and while the services start, attempting to go to the login page juts generates an execption.

Jasper Server 3.7 was installed before it, and ran perfectly fine near as I can tell.  I thought maybe the previous install was screwing something up, so I installed it on another PC I use for testing and encountered the exact same error.  I used the windows installer and installed everything by default.  I'm hoping somebody here has an idea what is wrong.

The full error screen is attached, but here is part of the execption:

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: An exception occurred processing JSP page /WEB-INF/decorators/decoratorCommonImports.jsp at line 2825: <link rel="stylesheet" href="${pageContext.request.contextPath}/themes/reset.css" type="text/css" media="screen">26: <!-- Theme -->27: 28: <link rel="stylesheet" href="${pageContext.request.contextPath}/<spring:theme code="theme.css"/>" type="text/css" media="screen"/>29: <link rel="stylesheet" href="${pageContext.request.contextPath}/<spring:theme code="pages.css"/>" type="text/css" media="screen"/>30: <link rel="stylesheet" href="${pageContext.request.contextPath}/<spring:theme code="containers.css"/>" type="text/css" media="screen"/>31: <link rel="stylesheet" href="${pageContext.request.contextPath}/<spring:theme code="buttons.css"/>" type="text/css" media="screen"/>Stacktrace:	org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.handleJspException(JspServletWrapper.java:510)	org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:419)	org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:313)	org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:260)	javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:717)

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am guessing that the Themes are not in place in the jasperserver repository.

The Themes get added to JasperServer during the installation when an import operation is run to put all core application data in place. If this import fails for any reason, then the Themes, etc will not be there.

So, I think the best thing to check is the installation.log. It will be located at <js-install>/installation.log

(ie Program Files/jasperreports-server-4.0/installation.log)

So, if you can find that file then please attach to the thread.

Also, let me know what you Windows OS is (and also any existing Java versions that are already possibly on the machine).

I've tested quite a bit on Win XP and Win 7 - and so has the QA dept - so I'm surprised that you have getting this issue (and it looks like two folks have gotten the same issue).

I have this same issue too, with Ubuntu 10.04 and Apache Tomcat 6.0.32.

I installed using the ./js-install-ce.sh script.

There is something buggy related to databases. If they exist or not, if you answer y or n.

I finally installed also Foodmart and Sugarcrm and after that there is also the login screen.  (I dropped the old databases and created empty ones and then installed those.)

Rgs,

Jussi

tkavanagh
Wrote:

I am guessing that the Themes are not in place in the jasperserver repository.

The Themes get added to JasperServer during the installation when an import operation is run to put all core application data in place. If this import fails for any reason, then the Themes, etc will not be there.

So, I think the best thing to check is the installation.log. It will be located at <js-install>/installation.log

(ie Program Files/jasperreports-server-4.0/installation.log)

So, if you can find that file then please attach to the thread.

Also, let me know what you Windows OS is (and also any existing Java versions that are already possibly on the machine).

I've tested quite a bit on Win XP and Win 7 - and so has the QA dept - so I'm surprised that you have getting this issue (and it looks like two folks have gotten the same issue).

Thanks for the reply- here's the info you requested from me.

Java -version returned this:

Picked up JAVA_TOOL_OPTIONS: -agentlib:jvmhook
Picked up _JAVA_OPTIONS: -Xrunjvmhook -Xbootclasspath/a:D:PROGRA~1HPQUICKT~1binJAVA_S~1classes;D:PROGRA~1HPQUICKT~1binJAVA_S~1classesjasmine.jar
java version "1.6.0_23"
Java SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_23-b05)
Java HotSpot Client VM (build 19.0-b09, mixed mode)

It looks like the install failed. It looks like an installer bug in the sense that it ought to have told you that it failed. (And possibly a separate issue about why it failed in the first place) These lines make everything look OK:

[10:10:11] Log: jasperserver-sample-data:
[10:10:11]      About to load minimal data
[10:10:11]      jasperserver_install_sampledata=0
[10:10:11]      
Executing C:Program Filesjasperreports-server-cp-4.0.0/apache-ant/bin/ant.bat import-minimal-ce
Script exit code: 0

But further down it reads:
import-minimal-ce:
[advanced-sql] 1 of 1 SQL statements executed successfully
     [echo] Connection OK
     [java] org.springframework.beans.factory.NoSuchBeanDefinitionException: No bean named 'importCommandMetadata' is defined
     [java] at org.sprin2011-02-08 10:10:17,973 ERROR BaseExportImportCommand:45 - org.springframework.beans.factory.NoSuchBeanDefinitionException: No bgframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory.getBeanDefinition(DefaultListableBeanFactory.java:387)
     [java] at org.spriean named 'importCommandMetadata' is defined
BUILD FAILED
C:Program Filesjasperreports-server-cp-4.0.0buildomaticbinimport-export.xml:259: The following error occurred while executing this line:
C:Program Filesjasperreports-server-cp-4.0.0buildomaticbinimport-export.xml:152: Java returned: -1

You could try running just the import-minimal-ce command now to track down what went wrong.

Please log the bug regarding the installer pretending that all is well even after it encountered that error.

Regards,
Matt

• 2 weeks later...

I re-ran the install from scratch and now I do see an error when I install too.

It seems that you just can't use jasper with MySQL 5.5. there's invalid column names in the SQL. "maxValue" can't be used with MySQL so the db creation bombs out. There's another bug posted for a few months on that. issue

I was trying the WAR install on Win7-64 with JBoss AS.

I guess I'll try the binary installer and see if that works. Maybe I can kluge out a fix. I suppose I could check out the sources and change the column name and then fix up the hibernate mappings, but that's a ton of digging.

Yes, JasperServer 4.0 (and earlier) is incompatible with MySQL 5.5 because of "maxvalue" being a newly added key word. (I believe the MySQL 5.5 release notes said something about "backward compatible schmackward compatible, let's hope no one has a column named maxvalue".)

If you're referring to this post, then it covers the topic and even includes a solution. That should get you going for now. Eventually a fix will be included in JasperReports Server (the thing formerly known as JasperServer).

Regards,
Matt

• 1 year later...