We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

iReport professional with newer elemens such as Table

phantastes

Hi,

I've the iRepot Professional version 3.7.0. I need the professional version since we are using the flash charts.

Now I also need to use Tables. Tables are not available until 3.7.2. How can I use the latest version of iReport but still use the iReport professional components?

Unless I'm missing something very obvious it seems that if you use the iReport professional edition you will not be able to use the latest version of iReport.

Any thoughts on this?

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

That's correct: iReport Professional lags behind iReport (Community Edition) sometimes.

It's pretty common in the open source world. You can think of iReport CE as the unstable branch and iReport Professional as the stable one which has been through Jaspersoft's QA process.

But your timing in this case is very good: iReport Professional 4.0 was just released today. So you can download that from http://support.jaspersoft.com and get everything you want. Presumably you still want to use JR 3.7 for a while. That's fine. iReport 4.0 lets you save jrxml files in 3.7.x compatibility mode, but it gives you all of the later features like tables.

Regards,
Matt