We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

How to Debug/See Adhoc Report or Domain Query

mattmattb
Go to solution Solved by mdahlman,

I want to debug the query that is being run as I create an adhoc report.

As I start adding columns the live update preview is showing data from my data source (this is how adhoc report tool works).

Obviously there is a query running (this is a JDBC data source) and my Domain (which I've made an adhoc topic out of) has about 10 tables with basic inner joins.

However, the 3rd column I try to add, the data preview disappears and adhoc tells me that no data can be displayed, so obviously adding that column to the query is stopping the query from returning data and try as I might, I don't see any messed up or missing joins in the domain designer for this domain.

Seeing the query being run in a debug would help me immensely to solve this problem, any help here or other ideas ? 

Thanks, Matt

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Solution

Matt,

I think these are the lines you want in <tomcat>/webapps/jasperserver-pro/WEB-INF/log4j.properties:

log4j.logger.com.jaspersoft.commons.semantic.datasource.impl.SemanticLayerSecurityResolverImpl=DEBUGlog4j.logger.com.jaspersoft.commons.semantic.dsimpl.JdbcTableDataSet=DEBUGlog4j.logger.com.jaspersoft.commons.util.JSControlledJdbcQueryExecuter=DEBUGlog4j.logger.net.sf.jasperreports.engine.query.JRJdbcQueryExecuter=DEBUGlog4j.logger.com.jaspersoft.commons.semantic.dsimpl.JdbcBaseDataSet=DEBUG

You will need to restart JasperServer.

Alternatively/additionally, you can add these same settings using the super-secret log_settings.html page. It's an undocumented feature that might go away or change radically. But for quick tests it's great. Navigate here after logging in as superuser:

http://localhost:8080/jasperserver-pro/log_settings.html

Regards,
Matt

• 2 weeks later...