We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Docx to Doc import

yogarajkhanal

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

I'm not sure why your client wants to save the document in an older version of the Word format, since they are already able to open the newer DOCX format.

In any case, JR does not support the former DOC format and I don't think it will support it.

We already have RTF and DOCX exporters which cover the MS Word export requirements pretty well.

There is no need to "contact" me on other threads, as I already monitor them all. I'm responding on these forums on a voluntary basis and time permitting.

Thank you,

Teodor

I generated a 300 pages report in docx format with Jasper 3.6. But it takes me 10 minutes to open it with MS Word 2007 or MS Word 2003 plus converter.

Is it a true docx document?

I also tried to generate the same report in rtf format but it took 10 minutes to open it in MS Word.

It looks like the only way for me to generate and open a large report is pdf format.

Thanks.

Bob

• 2 weeks later...

Bob,

I replied you on the other thread. Do you think we are lying when we say it is DOCX format?

Open it with a ZIP archiver and see it is made of zipped XML files, in accordance with DOCX specifications.

If you experience a performance problem, it is probably because the document is too complex for Word, being made entierly of tables.

Try to use Word and manually create the same document. After you have finished, does it open quicker?

Thank you,

Teodor

• 9 years later...