We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

verical line stretching to end of dynamic band

loge

Hi,

i have a tricky framing issue ongoing. See attachment 1 (idescreen.png) where you can see my iReport workbench. Attachment 2 (result.pdf) is the preview of the resulting PDF. I think i dont need to explain more here. I really need to have the vertical lines expand to the page footer (i dont have a column footer). The vertical lines are inside the "detail" band and i modified the "stretch" attribute of the line object in every possible way without luck.

Thanks for hints.

Marc

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont think this works too well because the start of the rectangle depends on what page is printed. On second page, i have different headers and this way the rectangle wouldnt be in the right position.

I am wondering why the vertical lines dont strech in the detail band. I assume that the detail band will be stretched to the footer elements in case of "not enough" data.

No, the band will just take the minimum amount of space it requires, but the background solution can still work using one or more rectangles in the background with a proper printWhen expression set to something like:

new Boolean( $V{REPORT_PAGE}.intValue() == 1)     // This one is used for the first page rectangle

new Boolean( $V{REPORT_PAGE}.intValue() >1)     // This one is used for the other pages.

Giulio