We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

iReport Documentation

Giulio Toffoli

After months of hard work, I finally finished the first official guide of iReport 3.x:

iReport Ultimate Giude

The guide is a continuous work in progress, but with its more than 250 pages, the current version covers pretty much all the topics  required to productively design reports without wasting time trying to guess how iReport and JasperReports work.

http://www.jaspersoft.com/documents/store_ireport-definitive-guide.html

http://www.jaspersoft.com/images/Estore_icons_buttons/detail_Doc_iReport.jpg

The guide is NOT free. It costs $49.95, but it will make you save a lot of time, expecially if you are a newbie.

Soon JasperForge.org will provide a better wiki for projects, allowing me to start publishing tutorials, that will be free (even if I will include them in the guide).
Any user willing to contribute free documentation is absolutely welcome, expecially expert users willing to help new users.

Thanks for using iReport and learn it.

Giulio

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

It will be easy for devlopers if the guide includes more details about creating different charts.

I think most of the times charts are used in reports than normal text report.

How to create different type of charts and more about chart data will be a good help for  devlopers.

Thanks

Ron

• 1 month later...

Hello,

I sent a email to 'sales@jaspersoft.com' a week ago but I didn't get any answer ...

In fact because iReport is quite complex, I have bought the “The Definitive Guide to iReport†. I had asked the last version of the book. ISBN-13: 978-1-59059-928-0

I am reading the book and all examples are related to version 2.0.0 and the version now is 3.5.2 !!

So menus are completely different. Have I ordered the wrong book ?

Thks in advance

Hi,

Apart from the "Ultimate Guide" which comes at a cost, is there no other source to learn how to use iReport. I am newbie to iReport. I have been searching for a reading material on iReport.

Thanks & Regards,

Vijay Ganesan

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I already have a copy of 'The Definitive Guide to iReport which I purchase a while ago. It would be worth documenting the improvments to the new document when compaired against the old one. The one thing I can see from the limited contents list is that the new edition has greatly reduced in size!

The biggest problem with the old book was that is was often just page after page of screen shots, with very little how-to information. So it allowed you to get around the application but things like charts only had about 10 pages dedicated to them.

Thanks

Roger

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...