We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Images not loading into JasperServer reports

shanff

I've created  a report in iReport 3.1.4 and uploaded the .jrxml file to the latest JasperServer via it's web interface.  I included an image file using the syntax "repo:/images/logo.gif" and verified that it was set in the .jrxml file correctly.  When I run the report from the JasperServer WebGUI, I get the report, with the data I would expect in the correct places, but no image, and the data is copied 214 times.  There looks to be a "frame" where the image should be when the data is loading, but no image shows up.

If I run the report in iReport and set up the repository, I can drag the image to the report and see the correct image on the report at design time, but when I run the report, it dumps out:

"Error filling print...Byte data not found at location : repo:/images/logo.gif

net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JRException: Byte data not foundat location : repo:/images/logo.gif

at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.util.JRLoader.loadBytesFromLocation(JRLoader.java:486) ......

If I use a local (to the computer iReport is running on) image, iReport works great. 

How can I get this image to show up correctly from JasperServer WebGUI? 

I'm running on the single download tomcat/mysql bundled JasperServer and have also tried the Bitnami stack with the same results.  It's running on a clean, minimal installation of Centos 5.2.

Any suggestions would be welcomed.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does the SalesByMonth sample report that can be installed with JasperServer work? It has an image in it, accessed with the following JRXML.

<image scaleImage="RetainShape" hAlign="Center" vAlign="Middle" hyperlinkType="None">
                <reportElement x="0" y="10" width="150" height="30"/>
                <imageExpression class="java.lang.String"><![CDATA["repo:/images/JRLogo"]]></imageExpression>
                <hyperlinkTooltipExpression>"JasperReports Logo"</hyperlinkTooltipExpression>
            </image>

The "...Byte data not found at location" problem is because the "repo://.." references only work when the report is run on the server.

Sherman

Jaspersoft

• 3 years later...

repo: Repository.

So when you run in server .. the main report will access sub report from server's repository.

So try to remove repo from sub-report Expression as shown below.

"subreport.jrxml" or give exact physical disk location of subreport.jrxml

And run from Application(ireport).

Regards,

Ansul Gupta