We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Migrate from Actuate Report to iReport

vkumar_su

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not that I'm aware of. I doubt you could create one as it would have to make a lot of assumptions. I did a Actuate -> Jasper project a number of years ago. To get the same behavior you had to do things in a completely different manner.

The biggest hurdle is Actuate allows multiple queries in the same file, Jasper does not. Can be overcome in most cases with subreports or by crunching data before you create the report output.

No that I want to sell you on another product but did you look at BIRT?

BIRT is an open source product created by Actuate. I believe the latest version of Actuate is based on the architecture created for BIRT.

I think you are going to find anytime you are going from one reporting product to another the conversion tool is going to be you. :)

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Hello everybody.

I welcome all of you who are interested in migration of Actuate reports to Jasper to try our solution Reporting2Jasper at http://reporting.dio-soft.com/services/reporting-migration. It is an online application which converts .bas and .xml files to .jrxml, including datatype, layout and formulas conversion. Currently the free Demo version is available.

We would appreciate any feedback regarding the application’s performance.

• 2 months later...

We are glad to announce that new 1.0.2 version of Reporting2Jasper service is now available.

This update is focused on report conversion quality improvement.

In this release you will find:

• Fixed issues with conversion Actuate eRDPro reports with empty data sources declaration but only fields description.
  • Introduced processing report field values taken from visual Actuate report components.
  • SQL query extracted from source code if it was present in the original report.
  • Bug fixes
  • Many performance improvements.

The update resulted in the overall percentage of successfully converted and compiled report increase.

Please go to r2j.dio-soft.com and enjoy enhanced converting process helping you to save your efforts and time.