We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Create new Input controls for the dashboard

rghanta

How do I create new Input controls for the dashboard in Jasper Server? I referred to some documentation, but it doesn't show a way to create new control. It talks about using existing Input Controls for Freight Report. I don't have the sample data installed in my environment. It's a plain Jasper DB...Can some body help me out in this regard?

Thanks,

Ram...

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello!

I assume you are using Professional  edition of JasperServer? If yes, then here is how you add input controls:

When you create dashboards, you have to choose reports that have input controls defined.

Once you added that report to dashboard designer -> dashboard selector, predefined inputs will automatically appear under  “Special Content -> Single Report Controls” folders. Then you can choose any of those inputs and add to dashboard selector. Hope this helps!

Good Luck!

• 3 months later...

This works well with the sample reports that comes with Jasper Server, however, when adding more input controls to these sample reports the new controls don't show up in the "Special Content > Single Report Controls" folder. I'm using the sample Freight Report that comes with JS 3.1 and tried adding some input controls (locally defined) to it. When I tried creating a dashboard for this report, I couldn't find the new input control under the Single Report Controls. I'm not sure if I did the right approach. If not, I'd like to know the right way of adding input controls to an existing report so that these controls will show up at the "Special Content > Single Report Controls"when creating dashboards.

I posted an inquiry about this a few days ago, see http://jasperforge.org/plugins/espforum/view.php?group_id=112&forumid=102&topicid=52218

mryzhikova
Wrote:

Hello!

I assume you are using Professional  edition of JasperServer? If yes, then here is how you add input controls:

When you create dashboards, you have to choose reports that have input controls defined.

Once you added that report to dashboard designer -> dashboard selector, predefined inputs will automatically appear under  “Special Content -> Single Report Controls” folders. Then you can choose any of those inputs and add to dashboard selector. Hope this helps!

Good Luck!

Post Edited by Jojo Paderes at 02/22/09 02:20

• 2 months later...
  • 5 years later...

Dear @mryzhikova, hello

I have created two Jasper Reports, Report_1 and Report_2, Report_1 has the control named Date between (filter on date) and Report_2 has also the same control (Date between), but when i try to create a Dashboard which contain the two reports, I click on the "Multiple Report Controls" tab under "Special Content" but no futures appears in it !!! The common Control "Date Between" appears successfully under the "Single Report Controls" tab.... So what is the mistake that i have done ? And how to resolve it ??? In other words, how to make the "Date between' control appear under the "Multiplie Report Controls" ?

Thanks in advance.