- new "labelFormat" and "legendLabelFormat" properties available for pie
and pie 3D chart plots to allow controlling the labels for pie charts
without need for chart customizer;

- minor bug fixes and improvements;

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The JRXML schema is backwards compatible with the old DTD, hence no changes other than removing the DTD declaration and adding the namespace and schema location attributes.

Also note that this is not a mandatory operation, JRXMLs that refer the DTD would still work.  However, it is recommended to switch to the new XML schema since all future JRXML changes will only be available in the schema.

Regards,

Lucian

Sir,

Presently we are working on JasperReport 2.0, Java 1.4, Oracle 10g Database and application Server / Tomcat 5.5. Can we use Jasper Report 3.1.0 in lieu of JasperReport 2.0. Are there any compatibility issue? Please confirm, after your confirmation we will work on new release.

Could you please also suggest the new features of 3.1 which is not in Jasper report 2.0.

Regards,

Pradeep

• 1 month later...

In my case that is just not true. Unfortunatelly...

I create report xml (jrxml) file dynamically in java application and that compile it. I also declare DTD in my jrxml file.

I was using 3.0.1 version and it works fine, but with new 3.1.2 version it does not work anymore.

I always get an exception:

net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JRException: org.xml.sax.SAXException: http://java.sun.com/xml/jaxp/properties/schemaSource
    at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.xml.JRXmlLoader.loadXML(JRXmlLoader.java:243)
    at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.xml.JRXmlLoader.loadXML(JRXmlLoader.java:226)
    at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.xml.JRXmlLoader.load(JRXmlLoader.java:214)
    at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.xml.JRXmlLoader.load(JRXmlLoader.java:168)

I also tried to remove DTD and add XSD schema tags, but it just does not help!

So I have to move back to 3.0.1 version.

I hope somebody will find the reason and help me to strat using new 3.1.2 version.

Best regards, Primoz.

Post Edited by Primoz Prislan at 11/07/08 10:25

Currently I'm running application under BEA which has its own parser... I will try to change this...

Caused by: org.xml.sax.SAXException: http://java.sun.com/xml/jaxp/properties/schemaSource
    at weblogic.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(AbstractSAXParser.java:1203)
    at weblogic.xml.jaxp.WebLogicXMLReader.parse(WebLogicXMLReader.java:135)
    at weblogic.xml.jaxp.RegistryXMLReader.parse(RegistryXMLReader.java:152)
    at org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.parse(Digester.java:1745)
    at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.xml.JRXmlLoader.loadXML(JRXmlLoader.java:239)

Regards, Primoz Prislan.

• 7 months later...

Do I need to have a special code to read the jrxml file properly?

I have already included "xercesImpl-2.6.2" in my classpath.

And I'm currently using "jasperreports-3.5.1.jar".

By the way, here is the exception that I get:

net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JRException: org.xml.sax.SAXException: http://java.sun.com/xml/jaxp/properties/schemaSource
    at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.xml.JRXmlLoader.loadXML(JRXmlLoader.java:243)
    at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.xml.JRXmlLoader.loadXML(JRXmlLoader.java:226)
    at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.xml.JRXmlLoader.load(JRXmlLoader.java:214)
    at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.xml.JRXmlLoader.load(JRXmlLoader.java:168)
    at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.xml.JRXmlLoader.load(JRXmlLoader.java:152)
    at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JasperCompileManager.compileReportToFile(JasperCompileManager.java:89)

Code:

Post Edited by campbell-ewald at 07/10/2009 19:49

Hi,

You should probably not compile JRXML files at runtime, as explained in this FAQ here:

http://jasperforge.org/uploads/publish/jasperreportswebsite/trunk/faq.html?group_id=252#FAQ22

So you should not try solve this problem at all. Reports can be compiled at application build time using an ANT taks, like show in the /demo/samples/antcompile sample provided with the JR project distribution package.

I hope this helps.

Teodor

P.S. Please consider creating a new thread, when you have a problem like this, instead of adding to what is already a very long thread that has a subject which does not related to what you are asking.

Post Edited by teodord at 07/11/2009 08:05

Thanks Teodor!

I'll look into building the jrxml file using ant scripts.

But as a quick fix (and related to your suggestion), I just copied the ".jasper" (which was produced from iReport) file of my report and invoked JasperFillManager.fillReport to it.

Is there an issue if I just deploy the ".jasper" file directly?

• 3 weeks later...

sateesh139
Wrote:

Hi

Is there any way to add the VBA/Macros code into the Excel using jasper Report.

Regards,

Satish

Hi Satish

I have the same problem that you. Did you find any solution?

teodord
Wrote:

No, there is no way to include VBA/Macros in XLS files with JasperReports today.

Please consider writing a feature request our project trackers here:

http://jasperforge.org/projects/jasperreports/tracker

Thank you,

Teodor

And can I associate an excel template? or something similar?

Hi,

JasperReports is not a library specialized in Excel manipulations. We rely on other libraries to do that.

If you need advanced Excel functionality, please consider using POI or the JExcelApi libraries.

Maybe you could add macros or templates using these libraries AFTER the report engine has done its thing.

I hope this helps.

Teodor

• 2 years later...

I am using XercesImpl.jar and still getting the same error.

Code:
net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JRException: org.xml.sax.SAXException: http://java.sun.com/xml/jaxp/properties/schemaSourceat net.sf.jasperreports.engine.xml.JRXmlLoader.loadXML(JRXmlLoader.java:243)at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.xml.JRXmlLoader.loadXML(JRXmlLoader.java:226)at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.xml.JRXmlLoader.load(JRXmlLoader.java:214)at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.xml.JRXmlLoader.load(JRXmlLoader.java:168)at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.xml.JRXmlLoader.load(JRXmlLoader.java:152)at com.americanexpress.merchant.estmt.rptGenerate.common.DefaultDataLoader.loadEMEATemplates(DefaultDataLoader.java:175)at com.americanexpress.merchant.estmt.rptGenerate.jobs.EMEAOnDemandAnnualJob.processOnDemandMonthlySEBatch(EMEAOnDemandAnnualJob.java:86)at com.americanexpress.merchant.estmt.rptGenerate.jobs.EMEAOnDemandAnnualJob.main(EMEAOnDemandAnnualJob.java:52)Caused by: org.xml.sax.SAXException: http://java.sun.com/xml/jaxp/properties/schemaSourceat org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(AbstractSAXParser.java:1197)at org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.parse(Digester.java:1647)at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.xml.JRXmlLoader.loadXML(JRXmlLoader.java:239)... 7 more