We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Logging into JS 2.1 logs me off of JS 3.0...why?

rubedogg04

I am running both JasperServer 2.1 and JasperServer 3.0 on my Centos 5 linux system.

I am using mysql databse.

JS 2.1 = jasperadmin/jasperadmin
JS 3.0 = admin/admin

The issue i am experiencing:

Logged into JasperServer 2.1 and everyting works fine.  I Then log into JasperServer 3.0 and it logs me off of JasperServer 2.1.

Does anyone know what is causing this? Is there a file i need to edit so that i can run both of these servers concurrently? 

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

You should be able to run them concurrently. But it depends on a couple of things. One is the database name used for the "repository" database (ie where all the user info, reports, images, etc gets stored). Both 2.1 and 3.0 use a db name of "jasperserver".

So, for the db, you could use different db names, or have the dbs run under different port values (ie 3306, 3307).

Also, you will need two different Tomcat ports because the war file app name for 2.1 and 3.0 is "jasperserver".

Actually,

I think it has something to do with Browser cookies because i open them both from two different computers and they both work fine without logging off.

I do have different databases and different ports.

How does one get around this browser cookie issue?

It the JS 2.1 and JS 3.0 are running in the same server container, such as Tomcat, then they are sharing the same cookie that is used to track sessions. Cookies are set at the server URL level in the browser, ie. www.myJasperServer.com, not at the lower level like www.myJasperServer.com/jasperserver21 or www.myJasperServer.com/jasperserver30.

Sherman

Jaspersoft