We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Complexe Hierarchy in Mondrian Schema

jens_noering

As the Mondrian Schema is a essential part of the JI Portal i think this forum is the right place to post my Problem.

I`ve too build a complexe Hierarchy Structure: For now I`ve built a Parent-child Hierarchy that displays my contribution accounting. That wokrs quiet good, but i also have to slice this contribution accounting. It has to be splitted per Brand. The Situation:

I`m working for a Company that sales Mercedes Benz. We have the Brands Mercedes Chrysler/Jeep & Smart. The accounts are matched to the brand through the 5th number of the accounting number, for example: if the 5th number is a 1 the brand is Mercedes. But htis only happens in the lowest level of the hierarchy, all parents above the lowest level (one single account) are brand independent.

I want to keep my parent child structure but i don`t want to built a single parent/child structur for each brand. Is there a way to filter the data through given 5th account number?

hope someone can help me with this problem!

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is exactly the right place to post....

Could you create another dimension that is just for brand? This does not have to be in a separate table and the levels of this dimension can be defined by a SQL statement, but it sounds like it would be best to have brand as a separate dimension altogether, so there would be a brand foreign key on your fact table etc.

Could you post your schema?

Sherman

JasperSoft