We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Dynamic band height

2006 IR Open Discussion

By: dfailla - d_failla

Dynamic band height

2006-07-24 07:05

Has anyone ever tried to change or access the band height property of a band on the fly? I would like to set bandheight based on style-defined font size. That would allow report page size to shrink as the font is reduced.

By: zaic - zaic20

RE: Dynamic band height

2006-07-29 14:26

I have the same problem but I would like to know how I can set page height dynamically. Thanks

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
I also would like to set the height of a band or make the band grow/stretch to accommodate fields within it. We are switching to JasperReports from Crystal Reports. This might be a deal breaker. I have dynamic parameters which are listed in the report title band. When the user selects lots of parameters the title band should grow to the height of the stretching field or the total of all the fields or something. Likewise, dividing the band up so that I can place a single field that will grow would be nice.

If you are using textfields, there is an option under the 'COMMON' tab, that will allow you to stretch the field according to the band height. One method of getting you band to extend would be to input empty characters and line breaks to make the field height stretch. There are other ways to get this to work but the 'Stretch relative to band height' option sounds like the best bet. Hth...

• 1 month later...

No, codyjasperForge, you did not understand the questions..

We ask if it is possible to change the band height at run time.

Not:

<band height="20">

but <band height=$V{..}>

or something like this.

I cannot find a sample in which the band height depends on the content of the band. For example, I would like to have band height = "340" if the content of the band is an <image>, or height = "15" if the content is a <textField>.

Is the question clear, now?

Thanks