We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Upgrading 8.0 to 8.1

mgreider_1
Go to solution Solved by Swapnil Pawar,

This seems like a brain dead sort of question, but I can't seem to find the right resource documentation to confirm. What is the best way to upgrade a JasperServer 8.0 to 8.1? This is on a Windows system, and I did the binary installation of 8.0. I can see in the documentation now that the binary wasn't intented for production use, but that is the path I went down originally. Is there an ungrade path from the binary installation? I only see the WAR download available for 8.1. The Upgrade Doc references TIB_js-jrs-cp_8.1.0_win_x86_64.exe, but I don't see that anywhere.

Appreciate the help.

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Solution

Hello,

To upgrade the Jasperserver from 8.0 to 8.1,  as you installed the bundle type of the Jasperserver for JRS 8 which is not suggested for the production environment.
Please first take the repository export of the JRS 8.0 from the UI using the legacy key (JRS -> Manage -> Server Setting -> Export (using the legacy Key).

Then, Please do the fresh war file installation for the Jasperserver v 8.1.

For WAR file installation then kindly refer to the section: "CHAPTER 3 INSTALLING THE WAR FILE FOR PRODUCTION" 
https://docs.tibco.com/pub/js-jrs/8.1.0/doc/pdf/TIB_js-jrs_8.1.0_Install-Guide.pdf?id=10

Finally, Import the repository of the JRS 8.0 on the newly installed JRS 8.1 
using the JRS UI (JRS -> Manage -> Server Setting -> Import (using the leagcy Key). I hope this will help you.

Thanks!