Changes to the Jaspersoft community edition download ×

Creating hyperlink with multi tenancy

jhegel

I have multi-tenancy setup and I'm trying to link to a dashboard so I have to use the Reference hyperlink type as far as I understand.

so as a super-user / developer / report-designer, my path for testing is /organizations/myOrg/myReportPath/myReport

but as a person logged into "myOrg", the path would only be /myReportPath/myReport

using a hyperlink, i can't think of a way to make this dynamic based on who is logged in... is there any way to make this work for both the designer/super-users as well as the end users?

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all, you're saying you're using multi-tenancy, so I'll presume you're having a commercial license, it would be then better to log a support case, the support team would be able to help you with this kind of question. 

If your question is about how to reference the dashboard in a Hyperlink in your report, then you can use built-in parameters combined with Profile Attributes in your expression of the hyperlink reference. 

Here is all the built-in parameter you can use: https://community.jaspersoft.com/wiki/built-parameters-logged-user

In your case, you can create a profile attribute for your users, for example, dashboard_location, with the value equal to the path of your dashboard, then in your report hyperlink reference expression use the built-in parameter $P{LoggedInUserAttribute_<attribute name>} where attribute name equal: dashboard_location. 

If your report is only differentiated by the tenantId you can use only $P{LoggedInUserTenantId} , this way you won't need to have a profile attribute.

This will make your link dynamic based on the user running your report.