We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

How to install Jasper Server CE 7.8 with MSSQL repository database

samartha

• The requirement is to install Jasper server CE 7.8 with MSSQL repository database.  Jasper server 7.8 platform support documentation says it supports MSSQL server as repository database.
  • I tried Jasper server installation using WAR file method. But in the <jasperreports-server-cp-7.8.0-binbuildomaticinstall_resourcessql > directory, i don't find any ddl and other scirpts related to MSSQL.
  • Is it possible to install Jasper Server CE 7.8 with MSSQL repository? How do we install the same?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for sharing the document!

Jasper Server CE doesn't support MSSQL server as repository database. Jasper Server CE WAR installation file doesn't include Microsoft SQL server scripts and properties file required to set the repository database.

I also found another document.

https://community.jaspersoft.com/project/jasperreports-server/releases
--> JasperReports-Server-CP-Install-Guide.pdf
  --> CHAPTER 3 INSTALLING THE WAR FILE DISTRIBUTION
    --> 3.2 Applications Supported by the WAR File Distribution
      --> 3.2.1 Database and Application Server Support
         --> Database = PostgreSQL,MySQL
      --> 3.3 Installing the WAR File Using js-install Scripts
         --> Table 3-1 Sample Values for the default_master.properties File
             --> Database = MySQL

In other words, I thought I could make MySQL the repository DB by editing the 'default_master.properties File' appropriately and installing it.

For your reference

Thanks for sharing the document!

Jasper CE provides the SQL scripts to configure PostgreSQL and MySQL as repository db. But Jasper CE doesn't provide scripts and properties file to configure Microsoft SQL server as repository db.

Jasper commercial edition supports Microsoft SQL server as repository.

Oh, I was so dumb.

I misread MSSQL as MySQL all along.
I'm sorry for the confusion.

Perhaps the documentation for MSSQL is here.
https://community.jaspersoft.com/documentation/tibco-jasperreports-server-source-build-guide/v780/source-build-setup-other-databases
--> SQL Server

But unfortunately, the Community Edition of 7.8.0 does not have 'sqlserver_master.properties', so this procedure does not seem to work.

If I could somehow get '.../buildomatic/sample_conf/sqlserver_master.properties'.

Sorry I can't help you.

• 1 year later...

1) Download the JasperServer CE 7.8 installation ZIP file from the Andersen Software website.

2) Extract the contents of the ZIP file to a directory on your computer.

3) Open the extracted directory and double-click on the file named "install-ce-7.8.0.exe".

4) Follow the prompts to install JasperServer CE 7.8.

5) Once the installation

The process of installing Jasper Server CE 7.8 with a MSSQL repository database on Andersen software is a straightforward one that does not require any special considerations. However, it is always recommended that you consult with a qualified IT professional to ensure that the process is completed correctly and without issue.