We have several existing Jasper reports which contain multiple sub-reports that no longer display properly after upgrading our JasperReports Server from v6.4.2 to v7.1.1 and JasperReports Library v6.5.0.
These reports were working fine in JasperReports Server v6.4.2.
All sub-reports or in a Group Footer of the main report, and each sub-report represents a separate tab when exported to Excel format.
- The Main report [Cover Page] represents [Tab 1] in the Excel output.
- Sub-Report 1 represents [Tab 2] in the Excel output.
- Sub-Report 2 represents [Tab 3] in the Excel output.
- and so on...
After the v7.1.1 upgrade, when the report is run:
- Sub-Report 1 data ([Tab 2] in the Excel output) now appears on the main report [Cover Page] (after the main contents).
- Sub-Report 2 data ([Tab 3] in the Excel output) now appears where [Tab 2] data should be, and so on...
So, after exporting the results to Excel format, the [Tab] names are still intact and have the correct labels, but the associated data generated by the corresponding sub-reports have shifted one (1) [Tab] to the left.
Has anyone seen this behavior in v7.1.1, or know if this is a known issue and/or know of a fix for it?
Our current workaround was to modify the Main report by adding a Page Break in the Group Header of the main report, but this doesn’t seem like a reasonable solution if we have many reports across multiple environments that have this issue.
Thanks in advance for any feedback on this.