We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

JasperSoft and iSeries

joneill_1

Trying to create a report in JasperSoft and using it in RAD - IBM's version of eclipse. This is a stand alone java, not a web project. I have a working example that I've tried to follow, but I have a problem that the working example does not and I'm unable to figure out. I keep getting "Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: j49098T322019_1556653146706_332128 : Unsupported major.minor version 52.0" Now, I know that the cause of this message is that somehow I'm trying to run something that was compiled at java 1.8 under 1.7. However, I compiled the .jrxml file in JasperSoft as 1.7. RAD is 1.7. Everything is 1.7, at least as best I can figure out. But, no matter what I do, I continue to get the error. The working example I have uses old files jasperreports-6.0.3.jar and jasperreports-functions-6.0.3.jar, so I originally used them, and I've tried the latest version of them as well as some others, but nothing changes. I get the error at this line of code:

jasperPrint = JasperFillManager.fillReport(jasperReport,
                        reportParams, datasource);

Any suggestions?

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

iSeries is probably using IBM Java. Supported version of IBM Java in 6.0.3 is only 1.6. Furthermore, Jaspersoft also only tested IBM Java 1.6 on IBM WebSphere so it may not work with RAD.

Anyways, it may be worth testing by versioning down everything down to IBM Java 1.6.

https://community.jaspersoft.com/documentation/v600-v601-v602-v603-v604/tibco-jasperreports-server-supported-platform-datasheet