We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Resource bundle not working on JRS

adanjou

Hello everyone,

First, I'm new to Jasper, sorry if this is a trivial question.

I need to desisgn a report with stuff that should appear in english by default, or in french if in a french speaking country. So far nothing too complex.

I used the $R{…} syntax within text fields, after hraving created a resource bundle with english as the default language, and also a french version of the entries.

Using the previw in the Studio, everything is working perfectly fine : Language change with the report locale passed as parameter.

But, once published on the server (both report and resource bundle), it only displays the french…

I tried to change the REPORT_LOCALE, wich does work since I displayed it just to be sure, but the $R{…} remains stuck on the french version of the text.

Does anyone have any idea of what's happening here ?

Thank you

NB : I'm using version 6.2.1 for both studio and server

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for your answer hosawa,

So I did not have a en_US properties file, just the default one (with no locale) and a "_fr" on for the french translations. I created an "_en" properties file, and it does work now when I log in in the server with an english locale (i.e. texts are displayed in english), so that's better.

However, it still defaults to french: I tried to log using a spanish locale and the texts displayed are in french :(

I checked the log directory as suggested, there was no error regarding the resource file.