We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Schedule TXT output report server

bradrob

I have taken a look at the configuration files in the web-inf directory for the jasper server and i can see that the system has the TXT option available in the settings as ID number 7  but when i check this on the server the TXT option doesn't show in the list of export options for the scheduled report.  I am using the latest version of the community edition and trying to setup a scheduled report through the web interface.

Does anyone know if there is any further config that needs changing to enable this option as i can find any control for this to activate the text option in the schedule.

Thanks

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

unfortuantely this is not the same, i require a fixed width text file with the columns at specific character widths.  unfortunately csv is comma delimited and there is no other format this will allow this output other than the text fomat.  I have tried this from the report designer studio and it is looks fine when you save as text file but the schedule option is not showing.

So do you mean that you are creating a table and concatenating all of the information together to add to the single column and then output the column as single line of text.

I would like to know why the text module is installed and configured but wont show up on the export options, i can see that this is commented out on one fo the bean config pages bu uncommenting this doesn't resolve the problem.

Thanks