Changes to the Jaspersoft community edition download ×

Enhance existing JasperReports with JasperSoft Studio?

ty.mccormick

Is it possible to take a report created on the JasperReports Server and import it into JasperSoft Studio for further enhancement, or are you only able to create new reports from stratch? I'm new to the JasperSoft products, but I have done similar to this with other tools including Cognos BI Server, and I assumed that this was possible with this toolset too.

I'm aware that with JasperSoft Studio Professional Edition I can leverage off of the Domains created there and use the associated credentials without having to create new local one, but is that the extent of inbound integration? Or is there another intermeditory product I need to use to achieve this?

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

So answer would be yes. Keep in mind the different versions of server, might cause an issues. 

So 2 ways you could do this. 
1) Use the repository view in studio to connect to server, then going to specific report.jrxml, double click, make changes and save as new report. 

2) Use the export function in the server to export the given report. Unzip the export zip. Look for the file that has reportname.data and open it using any text editor or html browser. Copy the xml. In studio create new report. Select source tab that will show new report xml. Select all and copy over the reportname.data context. Select design and report should update and will the one currently deploy on jasperserver. 
Sometimes you do get java stack trace errors. Highly likely that JS pro report elements where used and now it's was copied over to a jasperstuiod community edition, thus some elements would cause errors. 
Just remove the elements causing the issues. 
At end of day just follow the track trace, if lib missing just add, if custom code scriptlet misssing, then just add, if path or something missing, just edit to ensure basic function etc.