We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Jaspersoft crashes while trying to simulate a report

akhil.amritatech

Hello, 

I was trying to run a report in TIBCOJaspersoftStudio-6.2.0.final. I start the application using runubuntu.sh file. Mine is a Fedora 20, java 1.6, Gnome 3 Workstation. 

When I try to run a report giving parameter input as from date, immediately after I click on the calender date, the application crashes by itself throwing me this error. 

(ReportControler.java:452) compileJasperDesign(..) : Compiled: java 124 ms 874 ms

# # A fatal error has been detected by the Java Runtime Environment:

# # SIGSEGV (0xb) at pc=0x00007f399b367871, pid=13066, tid=139886937204480

# # JRE version: Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (8.0_65-b17) (build 1.8.0_65-b17)

# Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (25.65-b01 mixed mode linux-amd64 compressed oops) # Problematic frame:

# C [libcairo.so.2+0x22871] cairo_save+0x1

# # Failed to write core dump. Core dumps have been disabled. To enable core dumping, try "ulimit -c unlimited" before starting Java again

# # An error report file with more information is saved as:

# /usr/local/AT_Dev_Env/softwares/TIBCOJaspersoftStudio-6.2.0.final/hs_err_pid13066.log

# # If you would like to submit a bug report, please visit: # http://bugreport.java.com/bugreport/crash.jsp

# The crash happened outside the Java Virtual Machine in native code. # See problematic frame for where to report the bug. #

I don't know how to attach the log file. 

I am stuck with this issue for the last two weeks. Can anyone help me?

Thanks in advance. P.S I tried the following solution. It was not helping. 

http://community.jaspersoft.com/wiki/crash-when-running-gnome-3

Thanks. 

Akhil

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Try using Jaspersoft Studio 6.3.0. I'm using it on Ubuntu 14.04 64bit. I do have to admit that it sometimes freezes.

Jaspersoft Studio comes with it's own JRE. I think this is jdk1.8 for 6.2.0. Jaspersoft do not support JDK 1.6 so I recommend that you upgrade your Java to 1.7 and edit Jaspersoft Studio.ini file and change "-vm" value from "features/jre.linux.gtk.x86_64.feature_1.8.0.u65/jre/bin" to point to your Java 1.7 installed jre/bin directory.

Thank you for your prompt response.

I'm afraid I cannot use version 6.3.0 as there are restrictions. But I tried changing my system's java version to 1.7, changed the maxperm sizes etc. and tried. I am getting the same error, but with the new java version.

(ReportControler.java:452) compileJasperDesign(..) : Compiled: java 66 ms 832 ms
#
# A fatal error has been detected by the Java Runtime Environment:
#
#  SIGSEGV (0xb) at pc=0x00007f8d20625871, pid=4459, tid=140245108754176
#
# JRE version: Java SE Runtime Environment (7.0_79-b15) (build 1.7.0_79-b15)
# Java VM: Java HotSpot 64-Bit Server VM (24.79-b02 mixed mode linux-amd64 compressed oops)
# Problematic frame:
# C  [libcairo.so.2+0x22871]  cairo_save+0x1
#
# Failed to write core dump. Core dumps have been disabled. To enable core dumping, try "ulimit -c unlimited" before starting Java again
#
# An error report file with more information is saved as:
# /usr/local/AT_Dev_Env/softwares/TIBCOJaspersoftStudio-6.2.0.final/hs_err_pid4459.log
#
# If you would like to submit a bug report, please visit:
#   http://bugreport.java.com/bugreport/crash.jsp
# The crash happened outside the Java Virtual Machine in native code.
# See problematic frame for where to report the bug.
#
Error while logging event loop exception:
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: PermGen space
Logging exception:
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: PermGen space

And you can see that even though I set the values in the .ini file as per this article, PermGen error is still there.

Can you help me?