What restrictions or best-practices should be adhered to when constructing a custom Domain? In other words: "How big is too big"? As long as it is manageable by a human, how much can the system handle?
Questions I've considered:
- Number of joins?
- Number of Tables or Derived Tables?
- Number of Sets and Displayed Fields?
- Datasource type / technology limitations?
- Computer specification or powere needed? (client- or server-side)
- When will Views and Reports become unusable or unstable?
I think it mostly depends on response time when using the domain. This depends on the server performance, network performance, and datasource performance. I personally don't recommend using domain because of memory usage and performance. I just create a new table using Jaspersoft ETL (Talend ETL) and use that because disk space is very cheap nowadays.