Changes to the Jaspersoft community edition download ×

conneting to ms sql server using windows authentication

iman.gharib
Go to solution Solved by iman.gharib,

How connect to a ms SQL server using windows authentication in jasperstudio without having jasper server? All the tutorials that I have found are declaring the connection between a ms SQL server and jasper server. But need to set my data adapter so that I can connect to the SQL server from jasperstudio using windows authentication

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The steps required are the same as with setting up for a server. You just need to specify the jdbc driver and url string to the database.

In the Data Adapter Wizard,there is a "Driver Classpath" tab at the bottom (default tab is "Database Location". Just  press "Add" and select sql server jdbc driver. The settings required on sql server is the same as for setting up for JasperReports Server connection.

My bad.

To think of it, I may have done some different. Have you tried the solution offered below?

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/12304495/solve-error-in-connection-between-sql-server-2008-r2-with-java-in-eclipse

I usually set Jaspersoft Studio to use my local version of Java that I've installed and I may have added the files to Java's lib folder.

(Edit Jaspersoft Studio.ini file and change "-vm" to local Java directory.)