We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

java.lang.NullPointerException on connection

nunessvictorr

I'm tried to connect to a local network jasper server through a Jaspersoft Studio 6.2.2.final but I keep getting the following error message:

java.lang.NullPointerException

at java.text.SimpleDateFormat.<init>(SimpleDateFormat.java:598)

at java.text.SimpleDateFormat.<init>(SimpleDateFormat.java:580)

at com.jaspersoft.studio.server.protocol.restv2.RestV2ConnectionJersey.getServerInfo(RestV2ConnectionJersey.java:262)

at com.jaspersoft.studio.server.protocol.restv2.RestV2ConnectionJersey.connect(RestV2ConnectionJersey.java:242)

at com.jaspersoft.studio.server.protocol.ProxyConnection.connect(ProxyConnection.java:110)

at com.jaspersoft.studio.server.WSClientHelper.checkConnection(WSClientHelper.java:100)

at com.jaspersoft.studio.server.wizard.ServerProfileWizard.connect(ServerProfileWizard.java:102)

at com.jaspersoft.studio.server.wizard.ServerProfileWizard.access$1(ServerProfileWizard.java:97)

at com.jaspersoft.studio.server.wizard.ServerProfileWizard$2.run(ServerProfileWizard.java:76)

at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(ModalContext.java:119)

What could it be? I tried to change the Active Provider to Manual but I'm still getting this error.

The JasperServer Version is 5.0.0

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You need to be using the same version of Jaspersoft Studio as JasperReports Server. Jaspersoft Studio offers compatibilities on jrxml files but not on JasperReports Server APIs. That is, JasperReports Server's APIs changes between versions. Jaspersoft Studio is just using the API to connect.

You need to be using the same version of Jaspersoft Studio as JasperReports Server. Jaspersoft Studio offers compatibilities on jrxml files but not on JasperReports Server APIs. That is, JasperReports Server's APIs changes between versions. Jaspersoft Studio is just using the API to connect.

So, like I said my JasperServer Version is 5.0.0. I can't find JasperSoft Studio version (current is 6.2.1) which matches the server version. In this case will I have to use iReport instead JasperSoft Studio or can I use a Studio which matches the major version (5.X.X)?

The oldest vesion of JasperSoft Studio I could find was 5.6.2, will it work with 5.0.0 JasperServer?

• 2 years later...