Changes to the Jaspersoft community edition download ×

А lot of hyperlinks in xlsx document creating by report shedule

ivitokhin_1
Go to solution Solved by szaharia,

Hello, everybody!

Could sombody help me with my issue. I have a big report with a large number of hyperlinks. And sometimes, when I open resulting xlsx-file a get Excel error: "Excel found unreadable content in "MyReport.xls'.  Do you want to recover the contents of this workbook?  If yo trust the source of this workbook, click Yes"

I've noticed that maximum number of hyperlinks when file opened correctly is 65530. If I reduce the number of hyperlinks file eventually opens. Why there is such restriction on number of hyperlinks in xlsx?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Solution

The MS Excel format specifications indicate a limitation of hyperlinks number per sheet, indeed.

To disable all hyperlinks in the Excel document you could use the following property: net.sf.jasperreports.export.xls.ignore.hyperlink = true in your JRXML.

Altenatively, you can handle each hyperlink separately by using a hyperlink parameter with the same name as the property above, in order to make some of them disabled while the other are enabled. More information about this export property/parameter you can find here: http://jasperreports.sourceforge.net/config.reference.html#net.sf.jasperreports.export.{format}.ignore.hyperlink

I hope this helps,

Sanda