We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

JasperReports deployment on Weblogic

d.jimenez

Hi,

I have downloaded jasperreports-server-cp-6.2.1-bin.zip and have read the docs for install, as well as the readme doc, however I do not see any reference to being able to make use of Oracle as the prefered db nor do I see any ref to the ability to deploy Jasper Reports server war onto Weblogic.

Any help, reference, docs, suggestion, etc will be very wellcoma at this point,

Thank you

Daniel

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The community edition does not include support for Oracle and WebLogic.  I have seen comments from people using Oracle for their repository db, but I don't know if there is a specific project that does that.  If you buy a license for JRS and upgrade to the commercial version, Oracle and WebLogic are supported.

I think all the confusion because of the following phrase in the TIBCO JasperReports Server Supported Platform Datasheet. The truth is platforms supported by Community and Commercial versions are different. Furthermore, the datasheet is for an old version of JasperReports server and new version support differs. 

page 3.

"Unless specifically noted otherwise, the platforms listed in this document apply to both Commercial and Community editions of Jaspersoft products."

http://community.jaspersoft.com/documentation/v621-v620-v611-v610-v600-v601/tibco-jasperreports-server-supported-platform-datasheet

"Unless specifically noted otherwise, the

platforms listed in this document apply to 
both 
C
ommercial and 
C
ommunity editions of Jaspersoft products.

Thank you both for your replies.

I guess that the development will have to be completed making use of Tomcat + PostgreSQL.

Are either of you or any member of the community able to advice me of the potential caches we shall look out for when developing the softrare module that will make use of JasperReports Server community edition (i.e. Tomcat + PostgreSQL) knowing that the production system will run against JasperReport Server making use of Oracel as the prefer DB and Weblogic as the application server?

Once more thank you for your attention and advice.

Regards

Daniel

Do you need to use Oracle for JasperReports Server "repository" database? Repository database is a schema to hold JasperReports Server's internal data such as information pertaining to user, roles, permissions, reports. In normal reporting system, there is another schema to hold reports' data - this will be used as a datasource. It depends on how much data for your report you have and how many users will be accessing JasperReports Server simulateneously but it usually better to keep schema separate.

I fully recommend that you use the trial version (commercial version valid for 30 days after download) to test that your configuration works as expected before purchasing commercial license. I haven't had use Weblogic but Oracle should work fine. SQL syntax differs a little between PostgreSQL and Oracle so you may have some problem migration reports.

Once more thank you for your reply.

I agree, the JasperReport Server repository data will be deployed on a separate schema to that of the actual report data. However,  we would need to deploy all shemas for the production system onto the existing Oracle DB. 

What I find very confusing is that when I search the forum, I see many replies which unless i miss understand, the community edition is actully being used with Weblogic, for example http://community.jaspersoft.com/questions/828991/issue-installation-jasperserver-v52-java-7-weblogic-12 none the less, is it possible that the replies I find in the community forum may also be covering question made on commercial versions of JasperReport Server?

Thank you

Daiel