SQL Query using alias and Image problem

By: Outey Ky - chhunak

SQL Query using alias and Image problem

2002-10-31 06:09

I try to use a SQL Query with alias on the columns and receive some kind of message when it compiled; it something like this, "no more parameter expected......" This is not a problem b/c the textfield can be edited afterward so just want to let you know.

I am also having problem with the image. I have two gif images, one show up the other is not.

By: Giulio Toffoli - gt78

RE: SQL Query using alias and Image problem

2002-10-31 10:54

The image is not showed up in iReport or at runtime in the jasper generated report?

I have not understand the first problem with SQL query. Could you send me the indicted query?

Thanks

Giulio

2002-10-31 11:21

(FROM CHHUNAK

One of my gif image is not shown up in iReport, but the other one does. I am not sure why it's doing that. If I use the Jasper to generate the report at runtime, I will have to pass the image parameter to the report.

I also notice my report sorted nicely in IReport in ascending order, but when I go to JasperReports at runtime it's in order anymore.

Here is my query that I mentioned before. It's run okay in the wizard tool, but when I compiled it, this is the error message.

C:jdk131binjava.exe -Dorg.xml.sax.driver=org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser IReportCompiler -c -pdf -jdriveroracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver -juserXXXXX -jpasswdXXXXXX -jurljdbc:oracle:xxxx:@xxxxx:1525:xxxx -outdir"C:iReport-0.0.5bin" -query "SELECT gedi_compound.comp_compound_number || ' ' || gedi_compound.comp_compound_name AS "Compound",

gedi_application.app_number as "Submission Number",

gedi_application.app_indic_code || ' ' || gedi_application.app_indic_text AS "Indication",

gedi_application.app_submission_date AS "Submisson Date"

FROM gedi_compound,

gedi_application,

gedi_application_category

WHERE gedi_compound.comp_compound_id = gedi_application.app_comp_compound_id

AND gedi_application_category.apcat_cat_id = gedi_application.app_cat_id

AND gedi_application.app_status = 'A'

AND gedi_application_category.apcat_cat_type = 'IND'

ORDER BY gedi_compound.comp_compound_number ASC" "C:iReport-0.0.5Untitled_report_1.xml"

No more params expected after file name (Compound)

IReportCompiler usage:

java IReportCompiler [options] file

-c compile file

-pdf create pdf file

-jdriver<jdbcdriver> use this JDBC driver

-juser<jdbc user> database user

-jpasswd<jdbc pass> database password

-jurl<jdbc url> JDBC url

-query"<query>" Query to execute

-outdir"<dir>" Output directory

Abnormal termination!

2002-10-31 11:26

Outey ? ky? Which of the two it is your name?

...however the problem is the double apex("). You cannot use them inside the query with IReportCompiler why they break the parameter passed on the command line.

I'm sorry

Giulio

2002-10-31 12:11

Actually, do you know why in IReport the report is sorted nicely in ascending order when it's generating the pdf, but when I took my myreport.jasper and run at in my web application using jasper to generate the report, the sorting is more like random from what I can see.

Thank you.

2002-10-31 13:05

Actually, do you know why in IReport the report is sorted nicely in ascending order when it's generating the pdf, but when I took my myreport.jasper and run at in my web application using jasper to generate the report, the sorting is more like random from what I can see.

Thank you.

2002-10-31 14:01

Probably in the web application you pass a ResultSet not ordered to the JasperRunManager instead that one connection.

Giulio

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic