We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

When is the new version 7 ready for use?

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 5/3/2024 at 6:09 PM, Magnus111 said:

Hi,

I'm in a desparate need for upgrading our templates for Jakarta EE 9.1 and read here (https://github.com/TIBCOSoftware/jasperreports/issues/430) that a new version supporting this is on it's way. Is there any idea on how soon it will be available?

Jasper Released 7.x,8.,9.x the latest version is 9.0. Community version are available earlier but now the no longer give community version of mentioned versions. The latest 9.0 which you can download trial version from jasper official website 

Hi Shreekrishna, 

And thanks for quick reply. But I guess we are talking about different tools? In the github issue I link to Teodord say that version 7 of the "designer tool" i on it's way. And that post was written about a month ago.

I, myself is very new to Jaspersoft, actually I just took over responsibility for a system that uses Jasper reports. But what I need is to be able to recompile the existing jasper templates to work with Jakarta EE 9.1. And the latest version for the community Jasper studio (https://community.jaspersoft.com/download-jaspersoft/community-edition/) is not able to do that. As far as I can understand at least.

So, when you say that it is released in versions 7,8 and 9, what tool are you referring to then?

I took a 30 days trial on the pro version 9, but saw that it still uses version 6 artefacts, so basically it use the same artefacts as the community version 6. That is, no support for Jakarta EE 9.1 ...

Posted (edited)
On 5/6/2024 at 9:46 AM, Magnus111 said:

Hi Shreekrishna, 

And thanks for quick reply. But I guess we are talking about different tools? In the github issue I link to Teodord say that version 7 of the "designer tool" i on it's way. And that post was written about a month ago.

I, myself is very new to Jaspersoft, actually I just took over responsibility for a system that uses Jasper reports. But what I need is to be able to recompile the existing jasper templates to work with Jakarta EE 9.1. And the latest version for the community Jasper studio (https://community.jaspersoft.com/download-jaspersoft/community-edition/) is not able to do that. As far as I can understand at least.

So, when you say that it is released in versions 7,8 and 9, what tool are you referring to then?

I am referring here  Jasper studio , Jasper server and Jasper Library versions. 

Edited by shreekrishna.shankhwar

• 2 weeks later...

Still, I don't really care about the specific version number (that obviously differ between pro and community versions) but I'm only interested a version with support for Jakarta EE 9.1