Changes to the Jaspersoft community edition download ×

Jaspersoft Studio unable to start

I've been testing the latest community version for Jaspersoft Studio (6.21.2). The install did not show any problem and I was able to use it right after that. However, the next time I wanted to use it it failed to start, complaining about a well known eclipse error message. Looking at logs it also complained about former reports I had from old versions. However, looking in depth it did not look to be the source of the problem.

Later I had to resort to a suggestion from the eclipse community which removes a dot file from the metadata directory. Although it does work and allows Studio to start smoothly, it also makes you lose your existing projects configuration. I'm sharing it here in case you get into same situation.

rm -f JaspersoftWorkspace/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.core.resources/0.snap

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Rudi,

as I read you succeeded running JS Studio free edition, maybe that you could help me by explaining what to do to get this software working?
I installed the JS Studio but then when starting it I'm getting a SSL certificate issue.
I even don't know what this is...
In other words, would you be kind enough to list what needs to be done besides just unzipping the Studio file and running the exe?
Is there something to be done with the Library or is this just additional features?

Thx in advance!

OK. Just finally found a clear article indicating that there was a 3rd component, the JS CE server that was also needed.
As indicated here in a post by JS but also in that article, the free server is discontinued so, the conclusion is that, I cannot run this SW unless purchasing a license.

The JasperReports Server Community Edition is available no longer available. Without any major announcements, download options and the Github repository have disappeared. The new Jaspersoft Community Edition now consists of the JasperReports Library and Jaspersoft Studio. JasperReports Server is no longer included.

JasperReports Server Community Edition was a free, open source reporting platform. It made it possible to create reports in any form and integrate data from different sources. JasperReports was developed by Jaspersoft, a company specializing in business intelligence and reporting solutions.

Good luck with your issue!

• 2 weeks later...