Changes to the Jaspersoft community edition download ×

JasperSoft Studio Plugin is not available in Eclipse 2022-09

hi team,
8 to 9 months ago I installed Jasper Studio plugin in Eclipse 2022-09 version. Now I am trying to install the same plugin to my second machine with same eclipse version. But now Jasper Studio plugin is not available in eclipse marketplace. Can anyone tell me what is the reason behind the unavailability of jasper plugin. Or any other way of jasper plugin installation in eclipse.

image.thumb.png.d09bad148a2b9f2e598413b427cddc61.png

Hi - not sure why Tibco employees  are not responding here anymore, but here is what I know.

Plugin was intentionally removed from the marketplace by jasper devs. (This was confirmed to me in private messages here). 

My best guess is that it's related to recent licensing policy change. JasperSoft Designer is not opensource anymore (which I guess is the reason why plugin is removed).. 

Although you can still download it as a binary file from here, plugin won't be available anytime soon.. 

LG,

Jan

Edited by honza.brtek
  • Like 2

Hi - not sure why Tibco employees  are not responding here anymore, but here is what I know.

Plugin was intentionally removed from the marketplace by jasper devs. (This was confirmed to me in private messages here). 

My best guess is that it's related to recent licensing policy change. JasperSoft Designer is not opensource anymore (which I guess is the reason why plugin is removed).. 

Although you can still download it as a binary file from here, plugin won't be available anytime soon..