We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Where is jaspersoft-studio-ce repository

Yeah, I had the same question . Seems they're systematically ignoring those questions, even if Studio looks like still under EPL license. At least for the CE version.

Because I'm making an open-source project that will be using the Jasper library and the users will use Studio CE for making the reports.

I might change to BIRT, at least everything is under EPL.

Edited by unmak1

Which is not the source code. The source code they just gave it me via email of the latest version.

I mean OK, that's fine... I guess?

I will upload it on a GitHub repo, once I understand, why they don't just restore the repo on GitHub.

@Michelle R thank you, but we would like to understand why this behavior from the new owners of TIBCO.

I mean do you guys want to keep the CE version under an Open Source license, or the next big version will change ( at least for the Studio )

I would like to keep the conversation in public (we can open a new thread) so everyone can understand everything.

Edited by unmak1

We have the same problem, we would still like to have the possibility to download earlier versions of JasperSoft Studio CE but can't find them anywhere, only the latest executable version can be downloaded and even the ZIP file isn't available anymore!

What is the strategy behind all this, should we be worried and lookout for another product?

• Like 1

This is not only about the source code. Github repository had issues reports, including some that I reported couple of months ago. Now they are gone. Could someone from TIBCO please explain what happened with the repository? 

• Like 1

We have released Jaspersoft Studio 6.21.1 with a modified BSD-type license that is limited to binary code use. As such, we are no longer able to host this as a free download on open-source software sites and have retired earlier versions.

Jaspersoft Studio community edition is still free, allowing users to continue with your developments using the latest installer.  This project is very active, our Jaspersoft team will continue to contribute to this project moving forward.  

Jaspersoft Studio is backwards compatible and allows a user to export prior work. If you have any issues moving your work to the latest edition, please post to our forum and we will do our best to assist you. 

Edited by Michelle R
  • Sad 3