We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Project based saving system in Jaspersoft Studio 6.6.0

martijnceha

Hello all,

I've been using Jaspersoft Studio extensively for a long while now, but I've never quite understood/got accustomed to the project based saving system. I'm quite simple, and I'm used to just save a file wherever I want to, like in microsoft office. Let me deal with version management (I do this in GIT). 

However, Jaspersoft Studio, in a seemingly random manner, starts new projects in new folders. Sometimes I copy an existing report, to make a basis for a new report. This works most of the times. Sometimes, unpredictably, this gets split off into a separate, new "project". The file gets saved in a folder somewhere far away from my actual project, and before I notice, I've wasted a lot of time. Jasper then also refuses to save the file to the original, correct project. Instead, I copy the file from the new project to the old project, delete the unwanted "new" project, and continue my way. 

Now my original project is messed up as well. For some reason, Jasper has created a subfolder in my original project. It's an empty folder, and now my main projects is that. I can't change directories. 

This whole system is incomprehensible for me, and it's absolutely maddening. I'm sure it has a purpose, but it has always eluded me.

What I'm asking:

-Can someone explain like I'm 5 how this is actually supposed to work? So that I can change my workflow to better fit Jaspersoft Studio's intended use?

Or

-Can I make Jaspersoft fit my workflow better? Ditch the entire project-based system and just let me save whatever I want wherever I want

Thanks for reading through my frustrated rant 🙂 Hope I can figure this out soon

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic