We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Custom Visualization Component (Google Map) Report Render Error after Upgrade to Jasper 8.2

ktalarico
Go to solution Solved by ktalarico,

We have a CVC that stopped working after installing on Jasper 8.2 server.  The CVC is a Google Map with clustered markers. There is very little feedback to diagnose the condition other than the "Report render error".  Nothing in the logs or developer console.  I have a feeling there may be a missing configuration.  I have installed Chromium on the server and set the chrome path in js.config.properties.  When I try to run it in Studio it fails with net.sf.jasperreports.engine.jrruntimeexception: java.util.concurrent.timeoutexception.  Tried setting the chrome timeout to 2 minutes.  I know it's a not a database timeout because I can fetch the data fairly quickly in the SQL dialog.

Any thoughts?

clusteredmap.js main_jrxml

Hi

So you have a JasperReports Server where you have the chromium installed and set up the path in the js.config.properties. Is that right? Where do you have the Studio? Is it on the same system? Do you have chromium installed on the machine where you have the Studio? As you are running the report in the Studio (Jaspersoft Studio, desktop app), you need to also make sure Studio is able to find the chromium.

What is the OS you are using?

To set the Chrome path in Studio...

Navigate to Window > Preferences (or Jaspersoft Studio > Preferences on macOS).

Go to Jaspersoft Studio option --> Select Properties.

Find the property named net.sf.jasperreports.chrome.executable.path

Provide full path to the Chrome executable on your system.

Example: On Windows, it might be C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe.

Save the updated path.

Restart Jaspersoft Studio.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Solution

I solved this issue using this post:  https://community.jaspersoft.com/knowledgebase/how-to/accessing-jsqueryjs-custom-ui-pages-starting-jasperreports-server-v800/

Starting with JasperReports® Server v8.0.0 the libraries used by JasperReports® Server will not be exposed to the global scope. 

We are using jquery in the javascript accessed by the CVC.  Therefore, jquery needed to be installed in the scripts directory on the server.  Then needed to add this script tag to decoratorMinimalImports.jsp file:

<script src="${pageContext.request.contextPath}/scripts/jquery.js"></script>

• Like 1