Import Failing

donnie.tucker

Getting the below error when import a report.

/opt/jasperreports-server-8.1.1/buildomatic# ./js-import.sh  --input-dir /opt/backup/imptmp --organization OSI
Result: 128
Validating JasperServer database connection at jdbc:postgresql://127.0.0.1:5432/jasperserver. Phase: [import-export-test]
Connection OK
Keystore OK

VALIDATION COMPLETED
Total time: 10 seconds
Executing Pro version
Using Bundled version of Java
First resource path: /opt/jasperreports-server-8.1.1/buildomatic/conf_source/iePro
Loading configuration resources
Initialization complete
Processing started
Import of the root to an organization is not allowed.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This issue will happen when you export a path in an organization or whole organization as a URI in buildomatic without the --organization flag. This will generate you a regular export archive that contains all the resources under certain URI starting from the root. Then you try to import that archive with the --organization flag. This is incorrect, you need to have consistency with these flags since --organization flag expects an archive in certain format that contains only organization data.

To correctly export and import organization using buildomatic or web services make sure you're always providing the --organization flag.

• 1 year later...

This answer is not helpful if you are trying to upgrade from Community Edition and import into Pro Edition. There are no organizations in the Community Edition. How to import from Community to Pro?

On 8/14/2024 at 9:45 PM, rpachipu said:

Unknown argument: --secret-key='0xdd...

Perhaps the video will be of more help. I do wonder sometimes if you test any of your documented processes before you publish them.

And any of the old ways of importing still result in the "you cannot import into the root of an organization" error.

Why would you make the process so ornerous for a customer who is switching from community to a paid license?

Video seemed helpful and yet:

2024-08-23T21:31:25,463 ERROR BaseExportImportCommand:45 - org.springframework.security.authentication.AuthenticationCredentialsNotFoundException: An Authentication object was not found in the SecurityContext
org.springframework.security.authentication.AuthenticationCredentialsNotFoundException: An Authentication object was not found in the SecurityContext

when running

./js-import.sh --input-zip {path}/export.zip --keyalias deprecatedImportExportEncSecret --skip-themes --update

I've loaded my reports manually now, since I needed it done.