Missing Input Controls in JasperReports Server Report Runner

jphayes

I am using the report runner in the server configuration listed bleow and on occasion my input controls disappear.  Rebooting does seem to resolve the issue but boss man wants me to find the root cause.  I am not 100% but this may happen after the service is stopped and started.  If I go to the report edit I get a message about not being able to find a java class file.

TIBCO JasperReports Server
Product Edition: Enterprise
Product Version: 7.5.0
Build: 20191206_1508
License Type: Commercial

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi jphayes, 
Man you need to give us more info on this one. 
Best is to check the log files apache_install_directory/apache-tomcat/webapps/jasperserver/WEB-INF/logs/jasperserver.log. 

I mean the java class could be missing on server level or it could be a custom class or a java lib being utilised in the given report, so it is on report level. 
There are mutiple ways to resolve this, but generally when you deploy the report onto jasperserver you need to link the dependencies to the given report based on what it uses. 
i.e. input controls, subreports, custom java classes. 
Youy may only make use of the java class if you uploaded onto the jasperserver first. 
Easy to fix all of this, just need to make sure that is your actual problem. 
Are you making us of custom input controls ? 
Are us using the correct java version ? 
Is the mentioned report designed in jasperstudio and does it work in jasperstudio when you preview ? 
Hope all of this helps you to get to an answer, if not post the errors in the log and lets see if we may figure this out.