We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

clear site-break between result set rows

philipp.fresen
Go to solution Solved by C-Box,

Dear folks,

i'm creating a report for an overview about a main-object with four sub-objects (relationship between main- and sub-objects 1-n).

At this moment i can load one main-object or many main-objects in the main query of the report.The sub-objects are loaded over subDataset's, with one variable for the id of the main-object.

I tried to play with the areas in the report but i don't get a satisfacturily result. I would like to have the data of the main-object in the page header and then over 1 to x sites the data of the sub-objects (simple tables). After this a clear break and on the next page the next main-objects with its sub-objects.

I only struggle with this clear break between the main-objects.

Hope someone can help me.

Best regards from Cologne, Philipp

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Solution

Hi Philipp,

I would use a Group per (primary) ID at your MainReport level and set the "StartOnNewPage" flag. So each "MainReport-Record" would start on a new page.... all SubRecords rendered by the SubReport(s) will consume seval pages, depending of the amount of SubRecords... if they finished, the MainReport will iterate to the next MainRecord and because of the grouping a new (main)page will start.

hth + regards from Dresden

C-Box

sounds easy. I will try it today.

Thanks C-Box! again :-)

edit:
i just created the group with my primary ID as expression and set the flag "start new page".

then moved my fields from the head to the group and it works perfectly! So simple!

Thanks C-Box for your support! I'm really a newbee at JasperReports... :D