Force jrc JRAntCompileTask to use 1.7 compiler

Pixel

I still have an installation that runs under 1.7.  There are some reports that will not run under that system, as it gives some errors about illegal binary revision 52.

I am compiling the reports under ant.  I do not see a direct way of directing the ant task to compile with 1.7.  I tried creating a jasperreports.properties file and putting it in the path of JRAntCompileTask specifying 1.7, and that doesn't seem to work.  For the record, here's the contents of jasperreports.properies file:

org.eclipse.jdt.core.compiler.source=1.7org.eclipse.jdt.core.compiler.compliance=1.7org.eclipse.jdt.core.compiler.codegen.TargetPlatform=1.7[/code]

This doesn't seem to change the behavior.  Was support for this removed on 2013-05-08, or is that unrelated?

Is there a way to get JRAntCompileTask to use 1.7?

Here is the snippet from the build.xml file.

<taskdef name="jrc" classname="net.sf.jasperreports.ant.JRAntCompileTask">        <classpath>            <path path="${build.jars}/jasperreports.compile.17.jar"></path>            <path>                <fileset refid="jasperreports.jars"/>            </path>        </classpath>    </taskdef>    <target name="reports">        <jar destfile="${build.jars}/jasperreports.compile.17.jar" basedir="." includes="jasperreports.properties"/>        <mkdir dir="${build.jrctmp}"/>        <jrc            srcdir="src"            destdir="${build.classes}"            tempdir="${build.jrctmp}"            keepjava="true"            xmlvalidation="true"            >            <classpath>                <path path="${build.jars}/jasperreports.compile.17.jar"></path>                <fileset refid="jasperreports.jars"/>                <dirset dir="${build.classes}"/>                <path refid="build.classpath"/>            </classpath>            <include name="**/*.jrxml"/>        </jrc>    </target>[/code]

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

NOTE: I am using 6.5.0, which is the next-to-last release that still supports JDK 1.7 but does not contain a bug introduced in 6.5.1.

If this were not the case, hozawa's answer would have been correct.