Pass a value from MAIN report to a parameter in SUBREPORT

jkeri

I have a MAIN report with a SUBREPORT.   What i want to do is to pass a field in my MAIN report ($F{USERNAME}) to the parameter in my subreport ($P{SUB_USERNAME}). Basically, for every detail record in my MAIN report I want to pass the username to the SUBREPORT.

Not sure if or even how this can be done.... Any ideas would be appreciated.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In order to pass a field from Main report to a subreport, first of all you have to create a parameter in your subreport. Ex: Name: SUB_USERNAME , Type: String
Then go to Main report and click on the subreport element. In the right side click in "edit parameter button". Map values from main report to subreport parameter.

I´m not sure if you are trying to pass just one value of USERNAME or ALL values.
If you want to pass to your subreport all values with just 1 parameter, then what you can make is a new parameter of type collection in the main report. With a variable add all those values and then pass that collection to your subreport.

Probably is easier to get those values from the subreport query, and pass as parameter a value to filter the where clause.

Regards, 
GL