When copying a folder, reference to original intact?

cgriefer

Hey all... 

I copy/pasted a folder in Jaspersoft Studio. I pasted the folder a couple of directories down from the original. It was definitely a copy/paste, and not a cut/paste.

I ended up deleting the copy, which, much to my surprise and dismay, deleted the original as well. 

Does Jaspersoft Studio retain some sort of reference between copied folders/resources? Is there any particular reason why deleting the copy would have also deleted the original?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jaspersoft Studio is just Eclipse. Copying and deleting a folder should not delete the original folder.

How did you copy the folder? I tried the following and the original folder was not deleted.

1. Select a folder from Project Explorer

2. Right click on the folder and select "Copy"

3. Right click on the parent folder and select "Paste"

4. Right click on the new created folder and select "Delete"

Thank you for the reply. That's what I expected. 

I copied (right click, copy) a rather large folder of sub-folders and reports. Then I did a right-click and paste to a sub-folder. A few minutes in, I decided this was a bad idea, and cancelled out of the paste mid-paste. Not sure how far along it was. 

I then deleted the folder I pasted. But the original was gone as well. 

To reiterate, because I know it sounds like it, I am over 99% certain that I did not cut/paste. 

I'm wondering if the size of the copy/paste and/or the fact that I stopped it midway thru factored into what I saw. 

I will try to see if I can duplicate.

Thanks,
Charlie