We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Connection errors logging settings, I cant found error description

alex.kharlamov
Go to solution Solved by mlopez_1,

Hello. I try to create data source to MS SQL server. JasperReport server version - 6.4.2 commercial trial.

After specifying connection parameters, I press "test button" and got error message with key like this - a3edb941-1ae3-4ce4-b271-4fb5eb6997f3

But I cant found this error description in jasperserver.log file

I changed settings in jog4j.properties to DEBUG level and uncomment all in JDBC connection logging section (DEBUG level). Then I restart JasperReport server and try create connection. And again I got error (and his key) and cant found description in jasperserver.log

How to get error description?

PS I looked at the log lines with times nearly error time, but that's not enough to understand the problem.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you.
I agree that the log is in the file of "catalina.out". But I dont agree with the fact that log records only in this file. "jasperserver.log" also contains log entries. Maybe it's just a copy from "catalina.out".

The "catalina.out" file does not contain a description of the error with "ID" that is displayed in the web interface.

For myself, I solved the problem by trying various connection options. I had a named instance of the MSSQL.
Working connection string for me: "jdbc:tibcosoftware:sqlserver://server_ipinstance_name;databaseName=my_db_name"

PS Without specifying a connection port, this is important in this case.