Which version is good for practice? Commercial or Community Version?

Ram Ayanavilli

Hi, 

I am working on iReport 3.7.6 version and I want learn about the Jaspersoft Studio lattest version.

Would any body please help me to which version of Jaspersoft studio and server I need to download for practice?

And what is JasperReports Library and do we need to download it too with Japsersoft stdio?

Thank you.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

JasperReports Library is the engine that's included in Jaspersoft Studio and JasperReports Server - it's the engine that actually generates the report.

Jaspersoft Studio is a GUI tool to design report layout and uses JasperReports library to actually generate reports (those reports generated in Preview).

JasperReports Server is a web server that use JasperReports library to generate reports on application server such as Tomcat.

JasperReports library is already included in Jaspersoft Studio and JasperReports Server so you are not required to download them separately unless you decided to write your own Java program to generate reports.

Whether you use Community or Professional version depends on your customer's needs. Community version is free but some of the features are not available. Professional version is commercial but has more features. However, there is a "Trial" version of Professional version that you can use for a period of 30 days since the date of the download.