copy import migrate ad hoc views between servers not through Web UI

beekerc69

I have a need to copy/move/migrate ad-hoc views from one JasperReports server to another (from a DEV environment to a PROD environment).

Everything i've found on the internet and in this forum says to use the import/export capablity of the Web UI after logging in as superuser.

This option is not available to me and will never be available to me, so please do not tell me that i need to get that access as superuser and follow the posted instructions.  it's not going to happen.

I can only login as an Organization user with ROLE ADMINISTRATOR rights.

The thing is i was not the original Ad-hoc View author so i don't know how it was built or anything about it (other than i need to copy it), but unlike Reports and other objects, there is no right-click Edit option for Ad-Hoc Views to find out how it's build and how it can be recreated.  

Can anyone walk me through the steps to look at an Ad-Hoc View to gather what is needed so it can be re-created in on another JasperReports server?
Please understand that my competenecy is with Jaspersoft Studio reports and not Ad-Hoc View creation, so please make the steps very basic.

Thanks in advance.

• 4 years later...
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic