We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

How to revert back jasperadmin user role to admin

padmashree.kn

Hi,

I have upgraded jasper from 5.0 to 6.1 and login as jasperadmin/jasperadmin, but while working on the creating users the role of the

jasperadmin is set to normal user instead of admin.

I am unable to revert back as normal user doesnot have permission to chnage the role of user. No other role 'superuser' is not created.

Is there a way I can change thro' command line manually. Please suggest.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know the command line very well.  But I would guess that won't help and you will need to start over.

One thing to try would be to install another instance of JRS 6.1, and create another admin user along with jasperadmin.  Then export the repo from your "bad" 6.1 and import it into the new one.  You will get all your users that you have created, and probably your jasperadmin will lose its permissions, but if you have another admin user that doesn't exist in the imported version, it should be unaffected.  Then you can use  your new admin user to change permissions on jasperadmin back to what they should be.

There are two possibilties.

1. Do an export of all resources and do a flesh 6.1 install. Create a new user with jasperadmin role. Import everything back.

2. Modify the JasperReports Server repository database directly. This isn't too recommended because it's possible to mess the repository up.

Thanks hozawa the option 2 worked well for me. 

Now I am facing one mroe issue while fetching the report data, jasper GUI displays the following error but I don't see 

any error in the server/ application log file I can see while scheduling the report all HTTP/1.1 200 is coming in the log file.

Can you please let me know, what is the issue.

TML response error code: 500, error

HTML response was: <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//IETF//DTD HTML 2.0//EN">

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, root@localhost and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.