Jaspersoft Server 6.01 Install fails on Centos

graham.shorrock

I am trying to install Jaspersoft community edition reports server 6.1 on centos-6-x86_64. I have installed Oracle Java SE Development Kit 8u51. The install fails and the installation log shows the following errors.

[echo] Validating JasperServer database connection at jdbc:postgresql://127.0.0.1:5432/jasperserver. Phase: [import-export-test]

[echo] For JDBC driver the artifactId and version properties are set:
     [echo]   maven.jdbc.artifactId=postgresql
     [echo]   maven.jdbc.version=9.2-1002.jdbc4
     [echo]   Specified JDBC driver jar exists
[advanced-sql] Executing commands
[advanced-sql] 1 of 1 SQL statements executed successfully
     [echo] Connection OK
     [java] Error occurred during initialization of VM
     [java] Unable to allocate 69632KB bitmaps for parallel garbage collection for the requested 2228224KB heap.
     [java] Error: Could not create the Java Virtual Machine.
     [java] Error: A fatal exception has occurred. Program will exit.

And the following 
Script stderr:

BUILD FAILED
/opt/jasperreports-server-cp-6.1.0/buildomatic/bin/import-export.xml:264: The following error occurred while executing this line:
/opt/jasperreports-server-cp-6.1.0/buildomatic/bin/import-export.xml:158: Java returned: 1

Total time: 3 seconds

Error running /opt/jasperreports-server-cp-6.1.0/apache-ant/bin/ant import-ce -DimportFile=install_resources/export/js-catalog: 
BUILD FAILED
/opt/jasperreports-server-cp-6.1.0/buildomatic/bin/import-export.xml:264: The following error occurred while executing this line:
/opt/jasperreports-server-cp-6.1.0/buildomatic/bin/import-export.xml:158: Java returned: 1

Total time: 3 seconds
Problem running post-install step. Installation may not complete correctly
 Error running /opt/jasperreports-server-cp-6.1.0/apache-ant/bin/ant import-ce -DimportFile=install_resources/export/js-catalog: 
BUILD FAILED

I have tried rebuilding the server from scratch reinstalling java but the install still fails with the same message .  

Any suggestions as to what is going wrong would be gratefully received. 

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, No I am not trying to use Oracle, the reference to Oracle is related to Java, I downloaded the latest Oracle Java SDK and installed that prior to trying to install Jasperserver. For the Instalation of Jasperserver I just used the standard install with bundled Tomcat Postgresql etc.

Just a thought but is the problem caused by simply not enough RAM on the virtual server?

Sounds like it might be a JVM problem.  I did a search on "Unable to allocate 69632KB bitmaps for parallel garbage collection for the requested 2228224KB heap". Here's part of the thread from when the error message was added to linux:

http://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/hotspot-gc-dev/2013-May/007096.html

So either you need to add RAM or you need to tweak your JVM settings. Here's a list of some common settings for JRS:

export JAVA_OPTS="$JAVA_OPTS -Xms1024m -Xmx2048m -XX:PermSize=32m"
export JAVA_OPTS="$JAVA_OPTS -XX:MaxPermSize=512m -Xss2m"
export JAVA_OPTS="$JAVA_OPTS -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC"
export JAVA_OPTS="$JAVA_OPTS -XX:+CMSClassUnloadingEnabled"

If your current settings are higher, you might try setting them lower to see if you can fit them in your current RAM.

• 3 months later...
During installation i edited the next file on line 158 with nano:

nano -c +158 /opt/jasperserver6.1/buildomatic/bin/import-export.xml[/code]
And changed the line from:

<java classname="${class}" fork="true" failonerror="true" inputstring="">[/code]
To:

<java classname="${class}" fork="true" failonerror="false" inputstring="">[/code]
An it success completing the installation!! jaja!