We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Problem to Design a Report using Batch Processed Query

Ravi Kumar

Hi all,

I am trying to design a Report using Jasper Server, here i am trying to Add new Query, here the Problem is Report data consists of differet tables and i need to get that data based on diffenet conditions, when i try to write the Query with some Temp tables and some Declare Statments Jasper Server won't accepts thees kind of Query's.

can any one please help me to Achieve these Kind of Reports, because i need to Generate These kind of Reports Regularly. 

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi hozawa,

we are already integrated Jasper Server into <XXX> ERP system. we dont have an option to use any other tool like you sugested to us.

and also we tried with the Joins, but we are getting the duplicated data because Data exist in multiple times.

in a single query we won't get the Report, we need to use some Declare Statements and temporary tables to get Final Report.

and also havig the problem to pass Null Values for some parameters. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

we Found another apporach, we make Batch Queries into Stored Procedure, and called that Stored Procedure under Plsql Section in IReport Designer.

and we made the following changes for Running that Report in Jasper server

The plsql executor can be installed on JasperReports Server as follows:

1. Shut down JasperReports Server
  2. Copy <ireport dir>ireportmodulesextjasperreports-extensions-x.x.x.jar to <appserver dir>jasperserver-proWEB-INFlib. In iReport Designer v4.5 the jar is named jasperreports-extensions-3.5.3.
  3. Edit the file <appserver dir>jasperserver-proWEB-INFclassesjasperreports.properties and add this line to it:

net.sf.jasperreports.query.executer.factory.plsql=com.jaspersoft.jrx.query.PlSqlQueryExecuterFactory

4. Save the jasperreports.properties file and restart JasperReports Server.

Finally it works for me.

Reference URL :: http://community.jaspersoft.com/wiki/using-stored-ms-sql-procedure-data-source